Create a New Account Insight Report
Please Note: Account Insights are only available in the ChurnZero Enterprise Edition. Please contact your ChurnZero Customer Success Manager for pricing and edition activation.
To create a Account Insight Report, click Dashboards > Account Insights from the navigation bar on the left. Then click the Create New Report button at the top.
Note: your user account's Permission Sets must include the Account Insights permission to create a Report.
A dialog box will open, where you can set up initial options for your Report.
- Name - give your Report a name
- Description - give your Report a description
- Account Segments- Use this setting to restrict this Account Insight Report to a specific Segment of Accounts. If you do not choose a Segment, the report will apply to all accounts.
- Visibility - determines who can view the Report
- Private - only you (the Report's creator) can view the Report
- Global - these Reports can be viewed by anyone
- Folder - pick a folder where the Report will be contained (new folders can be added by clicking "Manage Folders" button)
- Favorite - check this to add the Report to your list of favorites
After you complete the New Account Insight Report basic info, you'll be taken straight to the Edit Mode screen.
This is where all editing and customization happens, including creating and installing widgets, customizing colors, and saving.
Basic Account Insight Report Functions
View Report For
As you are building out your report, you will want to verify that that the widgets you are creating have useful information. Because Account Insight Reports are restricted to a single account, the "View Report For" dropdown allows you to toggle between accounts. The preview will then update with the information for that account.
Note: In Edit Mode, all accounts will be available in the dropdown. This will allow you to use your most familiar account in order to help you build. In View Mode, only the Accounts in the selected segment will show.
A Widget is a visualization tool that allows you to analyze the data that you brought into ChurnZero. You can add up to 20 Widgets to your Account Insight Report.
The different Widget types appear below:
All changes to the Report must be saved before leaving the page, otherwise, any changes will be lost.
If you click "Save As", you can create a separate Report and maintain the Report that you had before changes were made.
Clicking the "Close" button will exit you out of Edit Mode. Please note that this will not save your work, so remember to click "Save" if you intend to keep the changes you made.
This dropdown allows you to choose which color palette you want to use for your widgets. A new palette can be created with at least 5 colors, which will be repeated if your widget employs more than 5 elements.
Convert Private Report to Global
You have the option to convert a Private Report to Global. When in Edit Mode, select 'Convert to Global' to change the visibility to Global. Note: this action cannot be reversed.