To see the results of a Survey Campaign, click Surveys > Active from the Navigation Panel on the left. Click the desired campaign to access the report. You can filter this report to only display results for a particular Account and/or Contact Segment, and you can also adjust the time frame for information that will display in the report.
- View by Date - This filter will narrow the report to only include surveys sent and responses received within the selected time frame, including a custom range or the entire history of the Campaign. For example, if you select "Last 120 days", this will show information about surveys sent in the last 120 days and responses received in the last 120 days. Note that these will not be not perfectly matched pairs of surveys sent and responses received. In other words, the results could include responses to surveys that were sent more than 120 days ago (but the response was in the selected range) and surveys sent within the last 120 days that have not yet been answered.
- View by Recurrence - This filter will only be available for Periodic Campaigns and it allows you to filter to a specific recurrence of surveying. For example, if you have your Campaign set to re-survey every 6 months, then each 6 months that passes will be a recurrence you can isolate. When filtering on recurrence, the report will narrow to only include surveys sent as part of that recurrence and responses received to those specific surveys, even if the response occurred after the end of the recurrence.
Responses over Time
This graph charts two points, the number of surveys sent and number of responses received over a period of time. Click on either line to be taken to a contact segment of those who were sent a survey or those who responded.
Sent Survey Engagement
Depending on whether your Campaign is Periodic or On Segment Entry + the filters you are using to narrow your results, you will see a "Sent Survey Engagement" section or a "Recurrences" section. These sections provide details about the number of contacts surveyed, how surveys were sent (email or in-app), and if the surveys were engaged (opened, unsubscribed, etc.). The Recurrences section will also include details on Promoters, Passives and Detractors for each recurrence, so trends over time are easy to assess. The metrics in this table are actionable and take you to a Segment of contacts when clicked.
The questions tab is where you can report on your survey at the question level. Here you will see insights such as response rate to a specific question, and summarized information about each question.
All question types, when collapsed, will show the Reporting Label, the Question Type, as well as it's Required and Hidden Status. You will also see a graph that shows you your question response rate (# of Responses/# of Surveys Sent). Click each of these numbers to be taken to a contact segment.
When you expand the question details, you will see more summarized information. You can see the individual responses to the question by clicking the "Show Responses" button. From there, you can even export the details.
The Question Type will determine what type of information you see in your report:
- Single/Multi-Select Questions will give you a breakdown of how many respondents gave a specific answer. You can see this in both table and graph form. Click on the number in the "Contacts" column to be taken to a segment of contacts who gave that specific response.
- Number Questions will give you metrics surrounding the answers given. These include Average, Median, Mode, Maximum, and Mimum.
- Rating Scale Questions will give you a breakdown of how many respondents gave a specific answer. You can see this in both table and graph form. Click on the number in the "Contacts" column to be taken to a segment of contacts who gave that specific response. You will also see an "Average" and "Median" shown.
The Contacts tab is where you can see how an individual contact responded to all of the questions. If a contact has responded, you will see on the right hand side of the contact box. Click on this to expand the box and see the question responses.
If you have Survey Response Edit and Delete privileges, you can edit an individual question response by hovering next to the answer in the grid. A pencil icon will appear allowing you to edit the response. Use the trashcan icon next to the expander to delete the response.
You can customize your view to show the most relevant details with the Select Columns and Filter Options, as well as use the Bulk Actions options to take action on your Survey results:
Clicking on the Contact or Account name within the Report twill take you to the Surveys tab on the respective Contact or Account Record.
Account and Contact Profiles
You can see Custom Survey Responses on the Surveys tab of the Account and Contact Profile. This tab allows you to survey responses for a specific Account or Contact. Use the selector located at the top right of the section to change the survey results that will be displayed.
You can use Custom Survey results in your Contact Segmentation. There are two filter options available in the "Contact Surveys" filter group:
- Custom Survey History- use this filter if you want to know if anyone had ever given a specific response to a custom survey question.
- Custom Survey Most Recent Answer- using this filter will only look at a contact's most recent answer to a survey question. If the survey is set up as a recurrence, it will ignore previous answers to this question.
If you want to add Custom Survey answers to your Contact Segment Results, select "Custom Surveys" from the Available dropdown on the Customize Segment Results page. You can then check off which survey questions you want to add to the column set.