Real-time product usage data is a central component of ChurnZero. With usage data in ChurnZero, your teams can analyze usage trends at the Contact and Account levels, incorporate usage into customer health scores, automate tasks and communications based on customer usage metrics, and more. Mixpanel customers can import their usage data into ChurnZero through a simple integration.
To integrate Mixpanel into ChurnZero instance, you will need to provide your ChurnZero representative the following information:
- The Mixpanel properties that house the Account External ID and Contact External ID. These are the unique identifiers of contacts and accounts that we will match on to ensure the Mixpanel Events are categorized under the correct customers and users.
- The timezone of your Mixpanel Instance
- Your Mixpanel API Secret
- Provide the names of the Mixpanel Events that should sync to ChurnZero.
- The list of Events that are relevant for your Customer Success team is typically significantly shorter than the full list of Events being sent to Mixpanel.
- The Event Names you provide need to exactly match the Event Names in Mixpanel.
- If your Mixpanel Event Names will not be clear to your Customer Success Team, you can provide a "Pretty Name" for each Event.
You will also need to ensure that the Mixpanel Distinct ID is designated as super property so we can look up by User ID. This usually is the case by default.
Your ChurnZero contact will then do the final integration configuration. When they are finished, you will see your Mixpanel Events show on the Usage tab of a ChurnZero Account Profile.