Selected Step Details
If you are creating a One-Time Play you will have the option to determine at what date/time the email is sent.
If it is a Continuous Play, you can determine when the email is sent out in relation to the previous step. You can also make the choice to not start the wait time until the previous step completes. Turn on "Active Hours" if you want the email to only be sent during the hours you have set up in your Administration Settings.
- Template- select which branded Email Template you want to use (if applicable).
- Send As- This will determine who it looks like the email is coming from. This can be a selected ChurnZero Account User, or personalize it to come from an Account Role (i.e The Account's Customer Success Manager or Owner).
- Email Type
- Transactional- Use this option for one off communications.
- Marketing- Marketing emails, by law, must include an option for the contact to opt out of future messages. Selecting "Marketing" will automatically add an option for the contact to opt out of any future marketing emails. Learn more about unsubscribe options on marketing emails.
Select Recipients -- Target Type: Account
If your play is Target Type Account, the Play Step will send ONE message with all desired recipients in either the TO, CC, or BCC fields depending on how you configure these options. You will see the following layout and options for recipients:
Click +Add to see the different recipient options for the TO, CC, and BCC fields of your email.
The TO field can be narrowed to a subset of Contacts within the target Account via Segments.
The CC and BCC fields can also filter via Contact Segments. Additionally, you can send to specific fellow ChurnZero Users, or ChurnZero Users that hold a certain role on a given Account (such as Owner, Product Manager, etc.). You can also include the Managers of these users.
Select Recipients -- Target Type: Contact
If your play is Target Type Contact, each Contact who completes the Play Step will receive their own message. The User Account, Role, and Role Manager options will be available in CC and BCC.
- Review Required- If this is set to Yes, no message will display to customers until an Account Owner reviews the Message in the Command Center.
- Note: In the process of approving a Message Review, the TO, CC and BCC can be edited
- Subject- The Subject Line of the email.
- Content- Use our Text Editor to customize the message you are sending.
- Include Sender Signature - Allows you to toggle ON or OFF the saved Email Signature in a User's profile.
- Send me test email- this will send a test email to your email address so you can preview your message before it is sent out to customers.
Message Editor Features
The Message editor contains all basic formatting options, as well as some more dynamic ones to help you add additional media, add external links, or populate specific variable info based on the recipient.
1. Insert Link - Create a hyperlink
2. Upload File - Include an attachment in your message, via a secure link which will allow the recipient to automatically download the file. Supported Files
3. Insert Image (CTRL-P) - Can be via file upload or URL. Supported Image Characterisics
4. Insert Video - we support videos hosted on YouTube, Vimeo and Vidyard
5. Insert Merge Field (CTRL-M) - Add variables to your message which will populate based on the recipient's specific data
6. Insert Button - Add a clickable button containing an external link
Tip: Change the color of the background or text by placing cursor in the text and clicking the "Paintdrop" icon in the editor hub
7. Insert Table - Create a table with desired number of columns and rows
Bonus Note! -- press Windows key + period to add an emoji 👌
NOTE: All links (URLs, Files, Buttons, Videos) are tracked for clicks in the Play Report!