To leverage Slack to receive Alerts and/or to engage with the ChurnZero ChatBot, the first step is to authorize the ChurnZero Slack App. To authorize the app, go to Admin > Slack Setup.
- If this is your first time connecting Slack <> ChurnZero, click the button for "Install Slack Application".
- If your company previously authorized Slack <> ChurnZero using a Slack API Token (Admin > General), click the button for "Reinstall Slack Application". You MUST do this to update your authorization from Slack Legacy Tokens to a Slack App. Please note that with this change from Slack, the "Slack Bot Token" field is disabled under Admin > General.
Clicking either button will prompt you through the Slack OAuth process.
If you do not have permission to install Slack Apps, you will see a message prompting you to ask your Slack Admin to install the app:
If you do have permission to install Slack Apps, you'll be routed through the OAuth process. During these steps, Slack will require you to select a location to post messages; select "Slackbot".
Clicking the "Authorize" button will complete the process and will log you out of ChurnZero. Log back into ChurnZero (using the method you normally would) to ensure that you are properly authorized.
- Successful Authorization - When you navigate to Admin > Slack Setup you will still see a button for "Reinstall Slack App"; this will remain available in case you need to refresh/update your authorization. But if there is no error message, your authorization was successful!
- Unsuccessful Authorization - When you navigate to Admin > Slack Setup you will see an error message informing you the the authorization was not successful.
What if I don't see "Slack Setup " Under Admin? If you do not see the "Slack Setup" option under Admin, have your ChurnZero administrator check your permissions. To access this page you must have the "Admin - Slack" permission set to "All".
- Adding Your Member ID to Your ChurnZero User Profile
- ChurnZero Slack ChatBot - Granting and Removing User Access
- ChurnZero Slack ChatBot - Looking Up Accounts, Contacts and Segments
- ChurnZero Slack ChatBot - Customizing Key Details