The Outlook Integration allows you to easily sync messages sent via the Office 365 system into ChurnZero. When this feature is enabled, emails that you send through Outlook will be logged in the Messages Tab of the Account and Contact.
|Note: We only support integration with the cloud version of Outlook available through Microsoft Office 365. We are not compatible with on premise deployments of Outlook.|
Authorizing Your Microsoft 365 Account
To authorize your Microsoft account click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "My Account". Find the option for "Outlook 365 Integration" and click the "Enable" button.You will be prompted through the Microsoft authorization steps. Be sure to select the Microsoft account with the email address that matches to your ChurnZero user account's email address.
Included Outlook Folders
After authorizing your account, you will have the opportunity to select which folders you want to include in the Outlook sync. For example, the below screenshot shows that all of my customer subfolders, as well as my Sent Items will be included in the sync:
My Expenses, Jira, and Personal folders will all be ignored. Also note that messages directly located in my Inbox will be ignored, however, the customer and customer sub-folders that are nested inside of the Inbox will be included.
Sync Behavior and Rules
Each ChurnZero user must authorize their own Outlook account. Managers cannot authorize on behalf of their team members. For authorization instructions, see the instructions earlier in this article.
Once you have authorized your Outlook account, the initial sync will pull 30 days worth of communications or 5,000 messages - whichever comes first - for known contacts in ChurnZero.
-- After the initial sync, ChurnZero will routinely sync with Outlook every 15 minutes to pull in new messages.
- Additionally, each night ChurnZero will automatically resync messages from the last 30 days. This ensures that when new contacts are added to ChurnZero, we are able to pull in their recent message history.
- Emails can only sync from your Outlook account if the recipient/sender matches the email addresses associated with your user account.
- ChurnZero will NOT sync messages from your Spam folder
- If emails that have already synced to ChurnZero are deleted in Outlook, they will remain in ChurnZero. We do not purge emails once they sync.
|IMPORTANT: Before authorizing your account, you should consider the folders you will want to exclude. If you add a new Label to exclude once the sync is already running, this will only exclude FUTURE messages with this Label. Any messages that have already been synced to ChurnZero will NOT be removed.|
- Admin Users: Under Admin > Email Settings you can list domains (ex: @yourcompany.com) that you would like to denylist from the Outlook sync. Unlike folder exclusions, this setting is universal across all authorized Outlook users in your ChurnZero account. The sync will exclude any emails sent to contacts that have a domain from this list. This avoids the sync bringing in emails that are sent to internal/test contacts or contacts that have been modified to use a company email.