The Gmail Integration allows you to easily sync messages sent via the Gmail system into ChurnZero. When this feature is enabled, emails that you send through Gmail will be logged in the Messages Tab of the Account and Contact.
Authorizing Your Google Account
To authorize your Goggle account:
Go to your name in the upper right hand corner and select "My Account".
Find the option for "Gmail Integration" and click the "Enable" button.
You will be prompted through the Google Apps authorization steps. Be sure to select the Google account with the email address that matches to your ChurnZero user account's email address.
Once authorized, add the personal and/or Google system Labels that you want to EXCLUDE from the sync.
Sync Behavior and Rules
Each ChurnZero user must authorize their own Gmail account. Managers cannot authorize on behalf of their team members. For authorization instructions, see below.
Once you have authorized you Gmail account, the initial sync will pull 30 days worth of communications or 5,000 messages - whichever comes first - for known contacts in ChurnZero.
-- After the initial sync, ChurnZero will routinely sync with Gmail every 15 minutes to pull in new messages.
- Additionally, each night ChurnZero will automatically resync messages from the last 30 days. This ensures that when new contacts are added to ChurnZero, we are able to pull in their recent message history.
ChurnZero will NOT sync messages from your Spam folder
- Each authorized Gmail user can prevent other types of messages from being synced to ChurnZero by selecting Labels they wish to EXCLUDE from the sync. Both personal and Google system Labels will be available for selection.
- By default, ChurnZero excludes the CHAT Label; these are messages from the chat function within Google Hangouts.
|IMPORTANT: Before authorizing your account, you should consider the Labels you will want to exclude. If you add a new Label to exclude once the sync is already running, this will only exclude FUTURE messages with this Label. Any messages that have already been synced to ChurnZero will NOT be removed.|
- Admin Users: Under Admin > General you can list domains (ex: @yourcompany.com) that you would like to denylist from the Gmail sync. Unlike Label exclusions, this setting is universal across all authorized Gmail users in your ChurnZero account. The sync will exclude any emails sent to contacts that have a domain from this list. This avoids the sync bringing in emails that are sent to internal/test contacts or contacts that have been modified to use a company email.
If you receive the error:
"An error occurred trying to refresh your Google credentials while performing a Gmail sync. Please go to your user account settings and re-enable your Gmail account."
Follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- Login into Google (http://www.google.com)
- Click on account picture on top right of page, then My Account button
- Once on the account settings page, click the link that says "Apps with account access" (see screenshot)
- In the section "Apps with access to your account", click "Manage Apps"
- Find ChurnZero, select it and click 'Remove Access'
- Re-authenticate your Gmail Account within ChurnZero.