A Milestone is a distinct phase/step in the overall Journey. Within a Milestone there are specific Tasks and/or Achievements that need to be accomplished in order to complete the Milestone and move forward with the Journey.
You can create as many Milestones within a Journey as necessary. A single account can be in multiple Milestones simultaneously (depending on the settings of your Journey and Milestones).
To begin setting up your Milestones, navigate to the Milestone Tab from your Journey and select "Add new Milestone".
General Milestone Setup
When you first create your Milestone you need to define some parameters. This will look very similar to when we set up the Journey. However, this information pertains to the individual Milestones within the overall Journey.
- Name - The name of the Milestone
- Description - Brief description to identify your Milestone
- Milestone Begins When:
- Manually Started - You should select this option if you want the customer to be manually added to the Milestone every time at the Account Owner's/Team Member's discretion.
- Previous Milestone Completes - Select this option when you want the Milestone to begin only when all required criteria from a previous Milestone has been completed (both Achievements and/or Tasks). If you select this option you will also need to select the previous Milestone the current Milestone is dependent upon. Multiple Milestones can dependent on the same previous Milestone, allowing you to start multiple Milestones at one time (ex: Milestones #2 and #3 both automatically start when Milestone #1 completes).
- When Journey Begins - Select this option when you want the Milestone to begin immediately when the Journey begins. Multiple Milestones can have this setting, allowing you to start multiple Milestones at the same time the Journey starts (ex: Milestones #1, #2 and #3 could all begin right when the Journey beings).
- Milestone Completes When:
- Manually Completed - This means that the Milestone can be completed at any point in time - even if all Achievements and Tasks have not been completed in that specific Milestone.
- Automatically When All Steps are Completed - This means that the Milestone can be completed if and only if all required Steps (Achievements and Tasks) have been completed in the current Milestone.
- Milestone Should Take - How long should the individual Milestone Take?
- Progress Scale - Much like your Journey Setup, define what makes someone On Track, Behind, or Stuck in that Milestone.
NEXT: Creating Milestone Steps