Within the Notifications tab, the Alert Me section controls if you personally want to receive an Alert, and how you want to receive notifications. Each ChurnZero user can update this section to control which Alerts are active for them and the channels through which they want to receive each Alert's notifications.
The settings you can control are:
Alert Me - Do you want to receive this specific Alert?
For - Decide if you want alerts for your own accounts only, your entire domain, or every account
- Accounts That I Own - Will send alerts for accounts that you are directly assigned to as any Account Role (including owner).
- Account That Are In My Domain - Will send alerts for accounts that you are directly assigned to or that are assigned to someone who reports to you.
- All Accounts - Receive an alert for any account -- whether or not you are an assigned owner or any other role.
Additional Filter - This allows you to narrow down the alerts to a specific Account or Contact Segment. For example, you may want to only receive this alert if the customer is brand new. You could use a segment of customer with tenure less than 1 month.
Alert Via - How do you want to receive this Alert?
- Logged into ChurnZero - This is the default selection and it cannot be de-selected. This will put notifications into your Alerts Bar (white bar to the right-hand side) and will also pop-up browser notifications in the lower right hand corner of your screen if you are logged into ChurnZero.
- Logged out of ChurnZero - This will pop-up browser notifications in the lower right hand corner of your screen even if you are NOT logged into ChurnZero. To make this option available for selection, you must have the "Notifications When Logged Out" setting turned ON under My Account.
- Email - This will send notifications to your inbox.
- SMS - This will send notifications via text message. To make this option available for section, you must have a Mobile Phone filled out under My Account. For international numbers, the number must be in E.164 Phone Number Format .
- Slack - This will send notifications to your ChurnZero Bot channel in Slack. To make this option available for selection, you must have a Slack Name user filled out under My Account.
- If there isn't a field for Slack User Name under my Account, your Slack Administrator still needs to create the ChurnZero Bot in Slack; you can provide them with instructions for that here.
- Daily Digest - This will include a summary of notifications for the Alert in your Daily Digest email. To make this option available for selection, you must have "Receive Daily Digest" set to YES under My Account.
When building a ChurnZero Global Alert, permissioned users can choose to send that notification via ‘Alert Channel’, which pushes the alert directly into public Slack and/or Teams channel(s).
The Alert to Channel feature will appear for ChurnZero customers who have Slack and/or Teams linked to their ChurnZero platform. The Alert Channel section will only show if Teams or Slack is connected to your account, if neither are connected, once setup, this feature will appear.IMPORTANT: If your team authorized Slack within ChurnZero before January 2022, when this feature was released, your Slack Admin will need to reauthorize within ChurnZero in order to have access to this feature. If your team authorized Teams, you need to ensure you have a Teams ID associated with the setup for the feature to appear.
When enabled, the user can select which public channels in their corporate Slack or Teams accounts that they would like the alert to send to. Up to 10 channels can be selected.
Once saved, when the alert is triggered it will send to the public channel(s) that were selected. It will always send 'All Accounts' that fall to the alert. An 'Additional Filter' by Account Segment or Contact Segment can be applied to the channel alert settings to narrow down the scope of those that qualify specifically for the channel alert.
Alert My Domain
The Alert My Domain section allows managers to turn on Alerts for their reports, so that each team member does not have to turn on the Alert themselves. For each team member, you simply decide if the Alert should be active and how notifications should be sent.
When you turn on an alert for your domain, it ONLY applies for “Accounts I Own”. For example, if you turn on an alert for Jane, you can only turn it on for her to receive alerts from accounts where she is the Owner. You do not have the ability to turn on her alert for “All accounts” or “Accounts in my domain”.
Important: Turning on an Alert for a team member in this section does NOT mean that the Alert is permanently on for that individual. Each ChurnZero user can control if and how they receive Alerts, so someone could chose to turn off an Alert that their manager turned on for them. Managers can re-visit this section to see the current status of which team members are receiving an Alert and how they are receiving notifications.