My Notification Settings
The My Notification Settings section controls if you personally want to receive an alert and how you want to receive notifications. Each ChurnZero user can update this section to control which alerts are active for them and the methods through which they want to receive each notifications.
The settings you can control are:
Receive Alert Via - How do you want to receive this Alert?
- Logged In - This will put notifications into the alerts menu in the top navigation and will also pop-up browser notifications in the lower right hand corner of your screen if you are logged into ChurnZero.
- Logged out of ChurnZero - This will pop-up browser notifications in the lower right hand corner of your screen even if you are NOT logged into ChurnZero. To make this option available for selection, you must have the "Notifications When Logged Out" setting turned ON under My Account.
- Email - This will send notifications to your inbox.
- SMS - This will send notifications via text message. To make this option available for section, you must have a Mobile Phone filled out under My Account. For international numbers, the number must be in E.164 Phone Number Format .
- Slack - This will send notifications to your ChurnZero Bot channel in Slack. To make this option available for selection, you must have your Slack user ID filled out under My Account.
- If there isn't a field for Slack User Name under my Account, your Slack Administrator still needs to create the ChurnZero Bot in Slack; you can provide them with instructions for that here.
- Microsoft Teams - This will send notifications to your ChurnZero Bot channel in Microsoft Teams. You must authorize this under Teams 365 Integration in your account profile before this option is available.
- Daily Digest - This will include a summary of notifications for the Alert in your Daily Digest email. To make this option available for selection, you must have "Receive Daily Digest" set to YES under My Account.
For - Decide if you want alerts for your own accounts only, your entire domain, or every account
- Accounts That I am the Owner - Will send alerts for accounts that you are directly assigned to as the owner role.
- Accounts That I Own - Will send alerts for accounts that you are directly assigned to as any Account Role (including owner).
- Account That Are In My Domain - Will send alerts for accounts that you are directly assigned to or that are assigned to someone who reports to you.
- All Accounts - Receive an alert for any account -- whether or not you are an assigned owner or any other role.
Additional Filter - This allows you to narrow down the alerts to a specific Account Segment. For example, you may want to only receive this alert if the customer is brand new. You could use a segment of customer with tenure less than 1 month.
When building a ChurnZero Global Alert, users with the Alert to Channel permission can choose to send that notification via ‘Alert Channel’, which pushes the alert directly into public Slack and/or Teams channel(s).
The Alert to Channel feature will appear for ChurnZero customers who have Slack and/or Teams linked to their ChurnZero platform. The Alert Channel section will only show if Teams or Slack is connected to your account, if neither are connected, once setup, this feature will appear.IMPORTANT: If your team authorized Slack within ChurnZero before January 2022, when this feature was released, your Slack Admin will need to reauthorize within ChurnZero in order to have access to this feature. If your team authorized Teams, you need to ensure you have a Teams ID associated with the setup for the feature to appear.
When enabled, the user can select which public channels in their corporate Slack or Teams accounts that they would like the alert to send to. Up to 10 channels can be selected.
Once saved, when the alert is triggered it will send to the public channel(s) that were selected. It will always send 'All Accounts' that fall to the alert. An 'Additional Filter' by Account Segment or Contact Segment can be applied to the channel alert settings to narrow down the scope of those that qualify specifically for the channel alert.
Alert My Domain
The Notify My Domain section allows managers to turn on alerts for their direct reports, so that each team member does not have to turn on the alert themselves. For each team member, you simply decide which accounts they should receive the alert for and how notifications should be sent.
The Notify My Domain section appears as a second tab while creating and editing alerts for users that have users reporting to them in the ChurnZero hierarchy.
There is a control for setting alerts for all users listed below. This will turn on that method for the alert for all users that have that method enabled. (SMS Text, Daily Digest, and Logged Out have to first be enabled by the user on their profile before they become available.) If you search against the list, the All control will only affect users that are returned as results (across all pages).
Important: Turning on an Alert for a team member in this section does NOT mean that the Alert is permanently on for that individual. Each ChurnZero user can control if and how they receive Alerts, so someone could chose to turn off an Alert that their manager turned on for them. Managers can re-visit this section to see the current status of which team members are receiving an Alert and how they are receiving notifications.
If a user has used a private segment as an additional filter, the manager will not be able to see that segment name. If they remove that segment filter, they will not be able to add it again.