When creating Account Segments, you can filter on a wide variety of data points; every piece of information that is known at the individual account level can be used as a filter at the aggregate level.
In order to make it easier to find the data points you need, Account Segment filters are broken into categories.
Account Attributes houses basic information about your accounts. These fields include standard ChurnZero fields, fields from your CRM, and/or fields passed into ChurnZero from your product.
- Example Attributes
- Next Renewal Date
- Total Contract Amount
- Customer Type
- Product Edition
- Feature Availability
- Example Segments based on Account Attributes
- Accounts that are renewing in the next calendar quarter and have a high risk ChurnScore
- Accounts that became customers last week but don't have an assigned CSM
- Accounts that have been customers for more than 3 months but don't have a training date
- Accounts that have access to Feature A but not Feature B
- Accounts with headquarters in your local area with a positive CSM Sentiment
Account Events houses actions performed by users inside your application. The Events available here will vary depending the on the specific types of Events your company is sending to ChurnZero.
- Example Events (very generic)
- Run Report
- Add New User
- Any - All ChurnZero customers will have an option for "Any." This filter is useful if you want to isolate accounts that have or have not done a sub-set/collection of Events. For example, if you wanted to identify customers that have not sent an email OR posted a blog:
- Example Segments based on Account Events
- Accounts that have not logged in within the last 30 days
- Accounts that have not logged in within the last 30 days, only considering the actions of Primary Contacts (a Contact Segment)
- Accounts that have logged in within the last 30 days but have not used a sticky feature within the last 30 days
- Accounts that have used a sticky feature at a high rate in the last 90 days
- Accounts that have experienced more than X errors in the last 7 days
- Accounts that have no yet used a brand new feature
Account Metrics houses standard ChurnZero metrics about account-level usage.
- Active Contacts - Number of contacts with events and/or time spent in app in the date range.
- Active Days - Number of days with events and/or time spent in app in the date range.
- Attribute Change - Compare two date ranges to determine if the selected attribute value has increased or decreased by a set percentage between those two ranges.
- This option will only be available if you have at least one Account Attribute with Historical Tracking turned on.
- ChurnScore Category Change - Shows a change in ChurnScore category (Green, Yellow, Red) from a set begin date to present day
- Example: Isolate accounts whose ChurnScore category was 'Yellow' on the first-of-the-month 6 months ago, and is 'Red' today
- ChurnScore Value Change - Shows a change in ChurnScore value (0-100) from a set begin date to present day
- Example: Isolate accounts whose ChurnScore is now more than 25 points higher than it was on the first-of-the-month 4 months ago.
- Event Change - Compare two date ranges to determine if the number of instances of an Event (or Events) has increased or decreased by a set percentage between those two ranges.
- Example: Isolate accounts where the number of "Login" Events last month compared to the previous month decreased more than 40%.
- Event Quantity Most Recent - Isolates the most recent Quantity sent to ChurnZero on a specific type of Event (or Events) so you can filter on it.
- Example: Isolate accounts where the Quantity on the most recent "Weekly Open Rate" Event was less than 25.
- License Utilization - Percent of purchased licenses/seats that were used in the date range. Formula = (Active Contacts / License Count) * 100
- License Count is a standard ChurnZero field and can be populated by your CRM or by your product.
- License Utilization Change - Compare two date ranges to determine if License Utilization has increased or decreased by a set percentage between those two ranges.
- Time Spent - Amount of time, in minutes, the account has spent in the app in the date range.
- Note: Time Spent is an approximation of ACTIVE engagement by your users. For example, if a user logins into the app but doesn't do anything for 3 hours, they will NOT get credit for 3 hours in the app. To determine if a user is actively engaged, we use several signals, including look at what browser tab is active, if there are mouse movements and/or clicks, etc.
- Time Spent Change - Compare two date ranges to determine if total Time Spent (in minutes) has increased or decreased by a set percentage between those two ranges.
Account Engagements houses details on how your customer-facing teams are engaging with your customers.
- Emails sent with the Gmail Integration
- Tasks/Activities associated with the account
Example Segments based on Engagement:
- Accounts that have more than 5 high priority Tasks
- Accounts that have been a part of a particular Play
- Accounts have been sent as certain amount of messages and they are unread.
Account Journeys houses details on the accounts progress within a Journey.
- Journeys- filter on status of a journey
- Milestone Steps- Has the account completed a task or a achievement?
- Milestones- has the account completed the milestone? How long have the been in that specifcic milestone?
Examples of Segments based on Journeys
- Is the account on track, stuck or behind in the journey?
- Accounts that have completed a journey in X amount of days
- Accounts that have been stuck in a particular milestone
Account Other Info
Account Other Info allows you to filter off of information that is feeding into your custom tables, as well as other segments.
Examples of Segments based on Account Other Info:
- Accounts with more than 5 support tickets with a high priority over the past 30 days
- Accounts that are in either Segment A OR Segment B
- Accounts that are in Segment A AND Segment B
- Accounts that are in a particular stage of renewal based off an Opportunity or Deal