The grid of Segment Results shows you the records that match ALL the filters of your Segment. By default, a few basic fields will show but you can customize the columns of this grid to meet your specific needs.
When customizing Segment Results, the changes you make are unique to that specific Segment AND to your ChurnZero user. In other words, a Customer Success team all could be using the same Global Segment called "Onboarding Customers" but each individual CSM could have a their own custom view of that shared Segment. Also, each CSM could have one view when using that "Onboarding Customers" segment and a complete different view when using other Segment(s).
Step 1: Customizing Your Columns
To customize the columns in your results:
- Click the gray "Select Columns" button in the upper right.
- On the left-hand side of the "Select Columns" dialogue, under "Available", select the field(s) you would like to add to your view. As you check options off, they will join the list on the right-hand side of the dialogue, under "Selected".
- Attributes - General information about the account or contact, such as Owner, Name, Next Renewal Date, Email, etc. These fields can come from your CRM and/or your application; the rest are ChurnZero standard fields.
- Journey Details - Details on an Account's progress through a Journey, including Status, Begin Date, End Date, Days in Journey, etc. This section will only be available for Account Segments.
- ChurnScore History - Distinct fields to display an Account's ChurnScore at selected moments in history (14 days ago, First of Last Month, etc.). These fields allow you to see an Account's ChurnScore changes within your results view. This section will only be available for Account Segments.
- Usage Aggregates - Roll-up information about the account or contact's usage in the selected date range, such as Number of Logins, Date of Most Recent 'Run Report' event, Number of Active Days, etc. For each Event your company is sending to ChurnZero, there will be the following options:
- Total Events - How many total times has this event happened in the date range (ex. total number of logins)
- Distinct Contacts - How many unique contacts did this action in the date range (ex. you may have 30 total logins, but that was between 5 unique contacts)
- Most Recent Event - When was the most recent time this event happened in the date range (the date/time of most recent login)
- First Event - The first time this event occurred in the date range (the date/time the first login occurred)
- Drag and drop the fields under "Selected" to re-order your columns.
- To remove a column from your view, click the "x" on that field.
- If you are including Aggregate fields, make sure to select your desired date range in the upper right-hand side of the dialogue.
Step 2: Changing Your Sorting
In addition to changing the columns that display in your results, you can also sort by one of your selected columns. Simply click on the name of the column you want to sort by; click again to reverse your sort.
Note: You can only to sort Attribute columns. Aggregate columns cannot be sorted because such a request could be very large/difficult and the page could time-out.
Step 3: Viewing Only Your Assigned Accounts/Contacts
Particularly if you are using a Global Segment, it can be helpful to adjust your results to only include the accounts/contacts that belong to you. To do this, switch your view from "Accounts All" / "Contact All" to either:
- Accounts That I Own/Contacts that I Own - Will narrow the results to only include accounts/contacts that you are directly assigned to, as any Account Role.
- Account That Are In My Domain/Contacts That Are In My Domain - Will narrow the results to only include accounts/contacts that you are directly assigned to or that are assigned to someone who reports to you.